Monday, October 10, 2011

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge

Sorry this post is a few hours late, we just got back from a glorious Thanksgiving weekend at White Point Beach with my Mum and Dad and the kids. The weather was INCREDIBLE!! Unfortunately, I didn't have time to work on this post before I left, but here it is now...

Yesterday, I the honor of being a Spotlight Sunday designer on Fantabulous Cricut, and am a guest designer for this week's challenge. The challenge was to do a project you could hang on the wall. Here is what I did:






A few weeks ago on Pinterest, I came across this frame, that someone had converted into a weekly calendar. I always have a hard time keeping our week straight, and the kids never know when I'm working, or what nights Mike has meetings, this seemed like the perfect option :)

I found a frame at Walmart for about $15. I cut out Our Week with Pooh Font, and the days of the week were cut with various cartridges - Robotz, All Mixed Up, A Child's Year, Baby Steps, Gypsy Font and Opposites Attract. I used 8 different patterned papers that I had in my stash for the backgrounds and adhered the titles. Each frame is 4x6. I then attached a dry erase marker to the side with a ribbon so i wouldn't lose it, and voila! The perfect weekly organizational tool for my busy family.

I hope you all come play along today at FCCB, and that all my fellow Canadians had a fantabulous Thanksgiving :)

A la prochaine...

Michelle

15 comments:

Glenda said...

Congrats on FCCB guest designer spot! Thanks for sharing this wonderful project with us! Love the frame and your creative use for it!
Glenda

Robin said...

Awesome idea. I may have to try this just to keep me informed. I am always forgetting things lol. TFS,
(:(:Smiles:):)
Robin

Kate said...

What a super idea! The frame works perfectly for a weekly calendar. Great combination of fonts, too!
Congratulations on your guest design spot at FCCB!!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

jennyplace2 said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! It was also beautiful in Alberta yesterday, we sat out side enjoying the sun and watching the grandkids play then sat down and pigged out on turkey and ham. Congrats on your guest design spot. Your project turned out just excellent!

My Lil' Bits said...

Love this idea! It's really cute!! Congrats on the guest designer spot on FCCB!! :)

Lisa

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Congrats on the guest designer spotlight. You deserve it. I love this project. Think I will be scraplifting this for Christmas presents for my daughters. Thanks for a great idea!

Cathie in UT said...

Thank you for sharing this great idea with FCCB I am going to visit Walmart to find a frame and make one for my DD and her family and their new home.
I don't have all your carts but I know I can make do!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Awesome project - I may have to scraplift this idea. Congrats on your guest designer spotlight at FCCB.

Paula Bee said...

What a fantastic idea! I have a frame similar to this and it seems like the perfect thing to do with it. Thanks for the inspiration!

AmyJRockstar said...

Hi Michelle,
Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this week! What a fantastic project. I am so inspired. I must get one of those frames! Love this idea. I'm always needing a better method of keeping my week straight and this might just do! Plus, I love the idea of how you can make it exactly how you want it. Thanks for the great project! :0)

XO ~ Amy Jo (FCCB Coordinator)
amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

What a great idea!! May need to lift this one!! Much better than writing in the tiny squares on the calendar! :)

Melissa said...

What a great way to be organized.

Chloe and Her Clip On Koalas said...

Love that idea! What a great guest design project. TFS! x

Jennie Garcia said...

Wow!! Awesome project!! I definitely need to try this!! Amazing!! TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

beejay said...

This is great!