Friday, January 13, 2012

More Subway Style Art

Last week I showed the plaque I made for my mum. Today I am showing the plaque I made for my baby sister. Leslie is a doctorate student all the way across the country in British Columbia. She is studying Ethno-musicology at UBC, and spends a lot of time in Indonesia studying Gamelan. She is hard to buy for, so I decided to make her this plaque to help decorate her apartment:


The blue is not what I envisioned, but on the whole I am really happy with it! It uses lots of cartridges: Baby Steps, George and Basic Shapes, Gypsy Font, Lyrical Letters, Opposites Attract, Quarter Note, Robotz and Storybook. I designed her on my Gypsy girl - couldn't live with out her. I cut out the vinyl and adhered it to another plaque from Walmart. It has lots of wonderful musical terms and I hope Les loves it, and thinks of me when she looks at it!

Thanks for stopping by today.

A la prochaine...
Michelle

No comments: